The Chaplet of St. Joseph
This prayer chaplet is divided into fifteen groups of four beads
consisting of one white and three purple beads. The white bead
symbolizes St. Joseph's purity, and the purple his Saintly piety.
A mystery of the Rosary is considered on each white bead, and
two Hail Mary's are said. On the purple beads say:
Praised and blessed be Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
End the chaplet with the following prayer:
V. Pray for us, O holy St. Joseph!
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ!
Let us pray
O God, Who has predestined St. Joseph from all eternity for the
service of Thine Eternal Son and His Blessed Mother, and made
him worthy to be the spouse of this Blessed Virgin and the foster
father of Thy Son: we beseech Thee, through all the services he
has rendered to Jesus and Mary on earth, that Thou wouldst make
us worthy of his intercession and grant us to enjoy the happiness
of his company in Heaven. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The 15 Mysteries of the Rosary:
1. The Annunciation of the Angel Gabriel to Mary
[The Angel's annunciation to Joseph in a dream ought to be also
2. The Visitation of Mary to St. Elizabeth
3. The Nativity
4. The Presentation in the Temple
[The Circumcision of Our Lord may be considered here, too.]
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
6. The Agony in the Garden
7. The Scourging at the Pillar
8. The Crowning with Thorns
9. The Carrying of the Cross
10. Jesus' Death on the Cross
11. The Resurrection of Our Lord
12. The Ascension of Our Lord
13. The Descent of the Holy Ghost
14. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
15. The Coronation of the Virgin
Chaplet of Saint Joseph
Join us on